According to World Health Organization (WHO), rational use of drugs requires that “patients receive medications appropriate to their clinical needs, in doses that meet their own individual requirements, for an adequate period of time, and at the lowest cost to them and their community”. Their concern is on which the world is suffering some major problems, like
- WHO estimates more than half of the medicines are prescribed, dispensed or sold inappropriately.
- Also patients are not having it properly so an unconscious health hazard is becoming widespread.
- Misuse of medicine results misuse of resources.
So, to judge doctor’s prescription habit, market situation, trends and also to gain the knowledge about price and dosage- duration of medicines, etc. a pharma industry always aims to get better position than competitors.
Why does prescription analysis actually show?
Prescription is an inscription written by a medical practitioner that authorizes a patient to be issued with a medicine or treatment. So it produces multidimensional insights.
- Prescription analysis doesn’t give only medicine recommendation for different disease, but also it reflects trend of prescribing pattern as according to patient’s age, sex, and zone.
- Diagnosis pattern also differ as it differs the physician’s age, and the fact gets clear from prescription analysis.
- Price of the medicine and sales attribute can be derived from prescription analysis.
- A prescription research opens an opportunity to research further etc.
- It also reflects about a medical representative’s performance.
Actually data is being collected as according to its requirements and we have an intelligent team to analyze prescription data.